Click one of the choices below to jump to information about:
- Women's Networking Breakfasts
- Small, one-time grants available from the WI
- How to become a member
- View a slide show of our activities
The Women's Initiative celebrates the power of women to bring about positive change in our community through philanthropy and service. Our vision is to provide opportunities for women of all ages and backgrounds to invest their time, talents, and treasures to:
- Increase women's awareness of Middlesex United Way;
- Promote and increase philanthropic giving to United Way;
- Increase participation of women in volunteering;
- Raise awareness of the resources that women bring to the community; and
- Promote and recognize women's accomplishments.
We focus our time and talents strengthening three different areas affecting the lives of women and children in Middlesex County:
- Early Childhood Development - parents and children have the resources they need for children's healthy development;
- Empowering Young Women - young women have the resources and support they need to make healthy choices; and
- Financial Stability - women of all ages have the education and resources to be independent and self-sufficient.
Please join us every other month for an opportunity to meet and network with women like you. Take the chance to connect with other women professionals and volunteers from the area, enjoy a light breakfast, and hear from informative guest speakers on topics that matter to you.
The breakfasts take place at Water's Edge Center for Health & Rehabilitation in Middletown. Breakfast begins at 8 a.m. Suggested donation is $5. All proceeds benefit the work of the WI.
Stay informed of upcoming breakfasts on this page (See events list above). If you would like to be added to the contact list for receiving future email notifications of the networking breakfasts, contact Kati Hensel at Middlesex United Way.
The Women's Initiative is pleased to make available small, one-time grants to eligible local organizations that support one or more of our focus areas (see our goals above). Applications are reviewed by the WI Leadership Council on an ongoing basis.
To apply for funding, please download and carefully review the following materials:
If you prefer to have an application emailed to you, please contact Kati Hensel at Middlesex United Way.
Annual membership in the WI is just $25 and helps to support our work. Call us to have more information sent to you, 860.346.8695. Download a Women's Initiative brochure with membership form.