At United Way, we need champions who are passionate about ensuring that everyone has the opportunities to attain the building blocks for a good quality of life - education, income, health, and housing.
Anyone can champion a cause. You can make a difference with your voice. Get informed. Tell your friends. Wear the shirt. Advocacy starts with finding a cause that's important to you and then spreading the word about it and taking action in support of it.
For example, you can advocate on behalf of:
- United Way 2-1-1, is a free phone number that connects you to essential community resources and services 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- ALICE - Asset Limited, Income Constrained, Employed - families, those with income above the Federal Poverty Line but under a basic cost of living threshold
Or select one of the following:
- Register to vote
- Learn about United Way Worldwide's public policy work
- Send a letter to the editor
- Write elected officials
- Get legislative updates and alerts
- Get the shirt