Day of Caring is an annual volunteer event that provides local employees and residents with the opportunity to engage in day-long community service projects.
Middlesex United Way held its first Day of Caring in 1995 when 34 employees in Middletown volunteered at 5 non-profit organizations. Since that time, Day of Caring has engaged nearly 3,500 volunteers from local companies and organizations at 330 projects in towns and communities throughout the county.
Every year, we choose a focus area for Day of Caring so that we can make an impact on one issue or need. By mobilizing organizations and volunteers this way, we create lasting change that extends beyond that day.
We understand that your employees’ time is valuable. Day of Caring provides an opportunity to engage in meaningful community service that will impact families in the community where you do business.
For Day of Caring, you provide:
- Employees released from work to volunteer
- Team leader to coordinate volunteers and serve as a contact person with United Way and the Activity Liaison to which you are assigned
- Employees provide their own transportation to and from the activity site
Middlesex United Way provides:
- Match your company with an Activity Liaison at your activity site
- LIVE UNITED t-shirts for volunteers
- Photo/liability wavier forms for all participants
For more information contact Sheryl at (860) 346-8695 or email@example.com.