Are you looking to meet other young professionals in Connecticut? Do you want to make Middletown and Middlesex County a better place to work, live and play?
The Middlesex United Way Young Leaders Society provides community involvement, personal development and networking for young professionals ages 21-40 who live and work in Middlesex County, Connecticut.
Our mission is to create opportunities for young professionals to get involved with Middlesex United Way, connect with colleagues and community leaders and give back to advance the common good.
We are based in Middletown, CT at the Middlesex United Way office.
The Young Leaders Society provides an opportunity to:
- Networking: Network and form new partnerships with area businesses and community leaders who know the importance of civic engagement.
- Learning and leading: Learn through opportunities designed to inform members about local issues or professional development.
- Volunteering: Volunteer with service projects that improve neighborhoods and strengthen our community.
- Supporting: Support programs that advance the common good and deliver measurable results in the areas of Education, Income, Health and Housing.
- Come to an event. All of our events are open to anyone. We hope to see you at an event soon.
- Join our email list. We only send emails about our monthly events and you can unsubscribe at any time. Subscribe here.
- Learn more about us on Facebook. Here we post upcoming events and news about the group. Go there.
Who is Welcome?
Our events are open to anyone. Just stop in. We are based in Middletown, CT, and we hold our events in Middlesex County. We are always opening to partnering with other organizations and other young professionals groups.
The Steering Committee consists of a diverse group of volunteers who:
- Support the mission, vision and strategic direction of the Young Leaders Society and Middlesex United Way
- Participate in the planning of monthly networking, leadership and volunteer events
- Set structure and strategic planning for the Young Leaders Society
- Serve as ambassadors in the community for the Young Leaders Society and Middlesex United Way
- Meet monthly as a group and participate in activities between meetings
Steering Committee Members:
Toral Maher, Chair, Liberty Bank Foundation
Meghan Slater, Vice Chair, Wright-Pierce
Justin Carbonella, Middletown Youth Service Bureau
Jessica Carso, Connecticut Humanities
Kelly McDermott, Middletown Resident/East Hartford Housing Authority
Stefanie Rice, Mahoney Sabol & Company
Joe Santaniello, Attention to Detail/Wireless Zone
Shaun Staples, Paychex
Rick Waterman, L.H. Brenner Insurance
Amy Wietmarschen, Edible Arrangements
The Young Leaders Society has two volunteer-driven subcommittees which meet monthly by phone. New members are welcome. If you are interested in joining a subcommittee, please contact Jennifer Sprague.
- Events Subcommittee: The Events Subcommittee handles events logistics and details for the Young Leaders Society’s monthly events.
- Membership & Communications: The Membership & Communications Subcommittee handles retention and recruitment of volunteers as well as outreach.
Contact Jennifer Sprague at Middlesex United Way, (860) 346-8695 or email@example.com.