- 316 families at risk of homelessness have remained in their homes, thanks to one-time assistance from the Middlesex County Coalition on Housing & Homelessness, a Middlesex United Way partner
- 131 people received shelter last year at The Connection's Eddy Shelter, a Middlesex United Way partner
- 1,711 housing-related calls from Middlesex County were answered by United Way 2-1-1 last year
Middlesex United Way envisions a community where individuals and families have safe and affordable housing.
- Individuals and families have safe, affordable, and stable housing
- Individuals and families have services and supports needed to remain safely and stably housed
- Individuals and families have safe emergency housing
Middlesex United Way focuses on:
- Supportive & transitional housing
- Emergency shelter & home repairs
- Homelessness prevention
Middlesex United Way is working countywide on the need for safe, decent, and affordable housing for all. United Way supports transitional housing and other programs throughout the county that help families acquire decent, safe and affordable housing and the skills necessary to maintain it long-term.
We are active in the Middlesex County Coalition on Housing & Homelessness which is working to end and prevent homelessness by 2018. Some of the key strategies include prevention efforts and creating supportive housing.
In Old Saybrook, United Way is funding HOPE Partnership to develop attainable housing for working families currently living in motels in their community. Many working people in Old Saybrook cannot afford to live there. Together we will make it possible for them to both work and live in their town in decent, safe housing.
How You Can Help:
- Columbus House – Family Shelter and Services
- The Connection, Inc. - Eddy Shelter
- The Connection, Inc - Housing Advocate
- HOPE (Housing Opportunities for People Everywhere) Partnership (Old Saybrook) - Workforce Housing Initiative
- Middlesex County Coalition on Housing & Homelessness - Middlesex County Ten Year Plan to End Homelessness
- Middlesex Habitat for Humanity - House Builds