Our goal is to increase the ability of individuals and families to attain affordable housing.
Middlesex United Way is working countywide on the need for safe, decent, and affordable housing for all. We are actively involved in the Middlesex County Coalition on Housing & Homelessness which is working to end and prevent homelessness by 2018. Some of the key strategies include prevention efforts and creating supportive housing.
In Old Saybrook, United Way is funding HOPE Partnership to develop attainable housing for working families currently living in motels in their community. Many working people in Old Saybrook cannot afford to live there. Together we will make it possible for them to both work and live in their town in decent, safe housing.
United Way supports transitional housing and other programs throughout the county that help families acquire decent, safe and affordable housing and the skills necessary to maintain it long-term.
We partner with:
- Columbus House – Transitional Housing
- The Connection, Inc. - Eddy Shelter
- The Connection, Inc - Housing Advocate
- HOPE (Housing Opportunities for People Everywhere) Partnership (Old Saybrook) - Affordable Housing Initiative
- Middlesex County Coalition on Housing & Homelessness - Middlesex County Ten Year Plan to End Homelessness)
- Middlesex Habitat for Humanity - A Brush with Kindness