Our goal is to increase the economic self-sufficiency of individuals and families.
The entire community benefits when individuals and families are financially stable. We work with partners who provide job and literacy training, provide basic needs, enable senior citizens to remain independent and in their homes, and empower individuals who are disabled to thrive.
United Way is a partner with Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) sites to help working people earning less than $50,000 file their taxes and ensure they are receiving back all the money they have earned through tax credits. Middlesex United Way has been a VITA tax preparation site since 2010.
We also support United Way 2-1-1, the free 24-hour information and referral helpline that is available throughout the state. 2-1-1 is a partnership between the state of Connecticut and all Connecticut United Ways.
- John J. Driscoll United Labor Agency
- Kuhn Employment Opportunities
- Literacy Volunteers-Valley Shore, CT
- MARC: Community Resources
- Shoreline Soup Kitchens & Pantries
- St. Luke's Eldercare Solutions of Central Connecticut
- St. Vincent DePaul Middletown - Amazing Grace Food Distribution
- United Way 2-1-1